One of nature’s most versatile medicinal plants, aloe vera, thrives in areas with dry climates and has been used to treat a wide range of health concerns for centuries. Dubbed the “plant of immortality” by ancient Egyptians, it has since been used for more targeted medicinal purposes.
Aloe Vera Health Benefits: An Overview
Aside from being one of the primary remedies for sunburns, aloe vera is known as a soothing ingredient that boosts the skin’s health and repairs damage with its bioactive compounds, antioxidants and antibacterial properties. Aloe vera can also be used on people regardless of their skin type.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is used as an ingredient in treatments for those with acne and other skin concerns.
- Raw aloe vera gel, once extracted from the plant’s leaves and applied directly onto the skin, significantly softens skin cells and leaves it feeling smoother and softer with regular applications.
- Minor burns, itchy spots, wounds, rashes and cuts can be treated with aloe vera.
- During the colder months, it treats dryness by adding needed moisture to your skin.
- Visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines, are delayed.
Aloe Vera: Evidence of Anti-Aging & Healing Properties
A scientific study done with women over 45 years old concluded that topical application of products with aloe vera has proven to increase the production of collagen while improving the elasticity of skin. A different study showed that aloe vera was successful at reducing skin redness or erythema.
Back in 1959, the FDA approved the first aloe vera ointment to be used as over-the-counter treatment for skin burns. Several studies since then have suggested that the ingredient is one of the safest & most effective topical medications for both first and second degree burns. Four different experimental studies have also concluded that aloe vera can reduce the average healing time of burns by about nine days compared to more traditional treatments and medications.
BioScriptives Alo-Verix is a deep moisturizing cream formulated with the most advanced ingredients and a powerful mixuture of aloe vera, amino acids, fatty acids, shea butter and reservatrol.